Support for Children, Young People and Families
This section of the directory provides information on support relating to children, young people and families.
The directory provides up to date information on local organisations, services and activities including:
- Registered childcare
- Free funded places for 2 and 3-4 year olds
- Special Educational Needs and Disabilities advice
- Schools and Education
- Activities, groups and things to do
If you are unable to find the information you want, need further information, do not have access to the internet or require further guidance regarding family issues.
You can contact the Families Information Team whose role it is to support families to find information and provide advice in specialist areas. Examples of some support that can be provided includes:
- Advice and support regarding the 2 year old entitlement to funded childcare and an eligibility checking service
- Advice and support regarding the 3-4 year old entitlement
- Support for families who have either a child or parent with a disability
- Supporting parent/carers with children who have or may have special educational needs
- Support to find childcare such as OFSTED registered childminders and day nurseries, holiday schemes, parent and toddler groups and pre-school playgroups.
Was this information helpful?