SEND Local Offer
In all sections of this Directory you may see the wording "Local Offer". What does it mean for you as a parent/carer of a child with Special Educational Needs or a Disability?
Darlington Borough Council has to produce a Local Offer for parents and carers of children with Special Educational Needs and/or a Disability (SEND). The purpose of the Local Offer is to ‘offer’ information for parents, in a single place, which helps them to understand what services they and their family can expect from a range of local agencies including:
- what the law says they may be entitled to;
- what is available for their child from early years settings, schools (including academies and free schools), colleges and other services;
- what is available from education, health and social care.
It covers children and young people from birth to 25. If you would like a general overview of services and support available in Darlington for families of children with Special Educational Needs and/or Disability, you can search in each of the boxes below.
Current SEND Consultations
- SEND Strategy & Funding and SEND Transport Policy [new webpage]
- SEN High Needs Review and Capital Funding [new webpage]
- Improving the Local Offer information - You said, we did
Was this information helpful?